Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soul-searching of a Software Engineer

I am a software engineer by training. I realised that in Singapore, you can't earn a good living as software engineer, like to those in banking and financial sector. A lot of senior engineers will eventually choose to go for management role, partly due to manager has a higher value than engineer. Unlike in US, you can easily find an engineer who has been in their technical field for 20, 30 years, and yet earning a good living. So, I am exploring ways to have some passive incomes, make the money work for me and provide me financial freedom much sooner. As I still have a strong passion in software development, I am not intended to switch my career path into other sectors. Hence, I chose to do some investments in stock market.

I started buying and reading a lot of books, magazines and online articles/news, wanted to understand more on financial market and economics. This financial crisis, the worst since Great Depression, provides me more chance to gain more knowledge in this field. Lots of incidents happened in financial market and economy that is unusual when our economy is in growth. So, having a good understanding in the incidents and their impacts are very valuable for my investments. Therefore, I created this blog to share some information and useful articles with my friends and viewers of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment